Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Matchey Match



I have five kids, they are spaced apart 5 years, 4, 3 then 15 months...yes, the last child was a surprise.  Lauren and Lily, they are not twins but I dress them alike.  This seems to be a problem for some people, complete strangers will ask me if they are twins and when I say no, they then proceed to ask why are they dressed alike or tell me that I should let them be individuals...I bite my tongue to keep from telling them to mind their own business, I am always amazed at the things people feel like they have the right to say to someone they even don't know....I will usually tell them, when they ask why they are dressed alike, "because I can". 

The thing is, I have found that if I dress them in different outfits, someone is not happy...just the other day, for tumbling, I put one in pink short and the other in black shorts...not good, not happy at all and later that evening, they were both in pink shorts.

Look how cute!  It would be a sin to not have fun and dress them alike...seriously, we were through at 4 kids, so why not have a bit of fun!
 









 
OK, so I will admit, when searching through my laptop for some pics of Lauren and Lily, I was a little surprised at how many pics there are and out of all of them, there are only TWO where they are dressed in different outfits! 
 









 
A few weeks ago I went online to order the girls a new BlaBla doll, because they work so darn hard and deserve a treat;) I figured they would pick out an animal. I let the girls look at the images with out sister watching, imagine my surprise when they both picked out the SAME DOLL!! Maybe they are twins....they are almost Irish twins, well not really...and we aren't Irish;)

1 comment:

  1. Well, yes you can and that's reason enough for goodness sakes! Folks really do amaze me!

    You can just see the "sisterly love" between these two. So, so sweet and Lauren or Lily (don't know which one is the oldest) is going to be lost when the other one goes to school. You will have to be the other one's playmate.

    Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete