Monday, September 24, 2012

Truth, Justice and the American Way


Oh my goodness!!  The ONE morning I decide to go back to bed after everyone left for school/work, would be the one morning everything goes crazy and...just plain weird!  Calls and text waking me up, (seriously, that does sound awful, waking me up, I really never go back to sleep but the weekend just wore me out) alerting me to the drama that was taking place at our school, a bomb threat!!!  Here I am, asleep and my precious love child, Claire, is texting me, telling me what was going on, along with a friend....how is it that I was, literally, asleep at the wheel?!!  There goes my Super Mom title;)
Fortunately, it was a prank, one I am sure will get someone into serious trouble as police, fire and bomb sniffing canine were dispatched to the schools that received the threats.  So back to my regular routine, for about an hour then I got a call that Caroline was not feeling well:(
After bringing Caroline home, going over the morning events with Ben over the phone, realizing how blessed we are, things could have been a lot worse.  We have such wonderful staff of teachers/administration that work at the school, I have never felt anxiety or worry about what could happen....then I couldn't help but laugh as I remembered, no way would anything bad happen today, not as long as we have "truth, justice and the American way" and a handful of superheros.....

Yep, today was Superhero day at school!!  Here is my favorite Superhero, Samuel, the blue Power Ranger!  Also protecting the school and kids were, Iron Man, the Hulk, Bible Man (gotta love Christian schools!), ninjas, Superman....and various Batmans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment